Sunday, February 6, 2011

Preface

A brand new year with brand new happenings...must preface all this, since my last blog was in July? So much has happened since then! My pregnancy progressed well...it was an awfully hot summer, however! Weasel and I spent most nights sleeping in the guest room with the window air conditioner because our house was so hot! I had a scare in late summer; I was having horrible chest pains and ended up going to the ER. It turned out to be a pulled muscle of some sort, making it very hard to breathe. My sugar went a little wild the week before Dingo was born; almost went on insulin, but managed to keep it under control. On Tuesday the 16th, I began having contractions intermediately during the day. They continued into Wednesday, until I was unable to sleep through them around 11pm. We went to the hospital on Thursday morning at 330am...the rest is history!

While I cant say that my labor and delivery were horrible...they didnt go as "planned". This was where it started to go downhill for me, I think. I gave in and got the epidural. My baby didnt get to stay in my room. I had trouble breastfeeding. Dingo stayed in the NICU for six days. I had a horrible run in with a NICU nurse. I had to supplement with formula. We werent allowed to use the cloth diapers in the NICU. I suppose, through all this, all I can tell myself is that my Dingo is healthy.

Im back in the world of blogging and etsy; fiber and frenzy. Global Mama's is my project this year, along with my website and a batt club. Hopefully, things will continue on a positive path.

No comments:

Post a Comment