Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A busy new year

Between work, and well, mostly work...this has been a busy new year. I havent had much time to devote to my blog; not nearly the way I would have liked. I am currently in the business of setting new personal, familial, and professional goals for the year. Hopefully they are real, measurable, and most of all...manageable! So far, it eludes me as to how I can continue functioning on a human level, especially with my current work load!

A few goals I have for myself:
  • Participate in the Phat Fiber Box every month (I only missed a few last year and have contributed consistently since...May, I believe!) (Oh, yeah...this month's samples are almost done, I promise. They will go out tomorrow! The last bit of fiber is drying in OBO's bathroom right now!)
  • Promote my etsy store. That's a big one. Tentative. Scary. Daunting. Scary. Nerve-wracking. Exciting. Scary.
  • Blog more (hehehehe; it hasnt worked so hot, yet!)
  • Use said blog to promote said etsy store!
  • Perform. I dance...I love it! I dont strive to be the best dancer out there (something very unreasonable for me, as yet. I dance with some incredibly talented ladies), but I do want to better myself. I want to get on that stage, at least once, this year. I am an extremely outgoing person, but have always been very nervous in front of a crowd a people. I want to build that confidence in myself and owe a service to the talented ladies (one, in particular) who believe in me and in my ability as a dancer. I didnt grow up with dance, and have recently found this passion for myself and as a form of exercise. I digress...I want the stage!
  • Make it through my new daily devotional. I bought "Babes with a Beatitude: Devotions for Smart, Savvy Women of Faith" for my cousin for Christmas and liked it so much that I bought myself a copy! It seems to be what I need as my faith waivers...another digression to a completely different goal!
  • Swap! As much as possible, budget-willing. I am currently participating in the Valentine Swap through BohoKnitterChic's Boho Gypsy Caravan group on Ravelry. Love it! Just got my partner's info today. Cant wait to stalk and post and acquire nommy goodies!

So...a few. Nothing too unreasonable, at this point, it doesnt seem. Although, seeing it listed out like that...wow! Hopefully I will have some teaser pics of my samples by tomorrow. Just need to get them packaged up and in the mail! Theme: For the Love of Books!

No comments:

Post a Comment