Saturday, January 16, 2010

The day after Fiber Friday...Sheepy Saturday?

Okay, as promised: pics of my samples for the January Phat Fiber box! I think I mentioned before, that this month's theme was For the Love of Books. As an avid reader, this very much excited me! I spent alot of time with my grandma growing up, therefore, was itroduced early to "grandma books" as OBO calls them. Also, as he so lovingly points out every time I make him read a book out of one of the series' that I am enveloped in: I am a sucker for a well-developed character. Hence, the affinity with series books. So, one that I love and have loved and will continue to love: the "Cat Who" series by Lillian Jackson Braun. I love the mysteries, I love the mindlessness, I love the characters. Inspiration.


So, here's my samples for this month (as per the tardy nature of my postal contact...aka...I didnt move my ass to the PO fast enough, I hope they got there in time for the box drop tomorrow!)



Yellow (cormo/corrie cross, pin drafted roving): Mildred Riker



Shades of Blue (sw corrie/bamboo batts): Polly Duncan


Salt and Pepper (corrie batts, corrie/shetland batts): Qwilleran


Shades of Brown (Polwarth combed top/roving): KoKo
Brown and Violet (Polwarth combed top/roving): Yum Yum


It was pretty great and Im pretty proud of those contributions this month; it is my first month contributing batts, after all! Im loving my Fancy Kitty Kitten drum carder that I got for Christmas! Good job, OBO! (oh, and the in-laws, too) Hopefully next month will include another new pattern. Im trying to get this designing off the ground, this year. Im thinking a man's hat in greys...sophisticated, classy, versatile, sexy. Now, to convert the vision to finished product!

On another note: in the spirit of fiber and Phat Fiber in particular, I have been looking at lots of yummy goodness for my BohoKnitterChic swap. Just wanted to post some of the lovelies that I have been lusting after: this particular beauty in Tropical Storm from Beesybee Fibers; yum!





No comments:

Post a Comment