Thursday, April 19, 2012

Halleluia; it's raining yarn!

Alright, here we go. Some progress! I appreciate the time everyone took to be patient with me and especially to read my last post. It's been a rough journey in the world of Fiber Addiction, but also a very exciting and progressive time, as well. It started before the death of my BIL, with a last-minute entry into the Winter Wine and Wool Festival at Sandhill Crane Vineyards. Heather (winemakerssister on Ravelry and etsy), was wonderful and accommodating; especially since I havent made the summer festival since the first time! It was a fantastic festival in a beautiful location; I even got to try some wine this time (I was pregnant with the Dingo first time around). I also got to meet very fabulous people, socialize with old friends, and got the opportunity of a lifetime (at least in the short lifetime of Fiber Addiction!) I met Kendra, a fiber enthusiast with a pie-in-the-sky dream of owning a LYS. Two months later, I am getting an inquiry for a wholesale order! Lighthouse Fibers is a new shop in downtown St Joseph, MI; a cute tourist town catering to Chicago weekenders and lovers of Lake Michigan! Fiber Addiction is one of many indie dyers they hope to feature in their shop and the grand opening is scheduled for June 2! Kendra and Tom are wonderful to work with and the shop looks awesome! I better save some news for my next update; hopefully sooner than later, as things fall into place and life goes on (even though it is extremely difficult, some days!)

1 comment: